Thursday, February 28, 2013

24 Weeks

This is a big week for us!

Anyone who has ever had a preemie knows that making it 24 weeks gestation is a big deal. The statistics for babies born after the 24th week go up tremendously concerning survival rates.  While I'm sure this isn't an issue for us this time, it still gives us relief to have conquered this milestone whereas we weren't able to last time.

We feel like we have had a lot of peace and confidence during this pregnancy but we did decide to do some things differently this time around. For instance, we didn't jump the gun like we did before. When I was pregnant with the twins, as soon as we found out their genders we started setting up their nursery.

 I will say that I do not for one second regret doing this. In fact, I'm sooo glad I did. That would be one of the only times we were able to shop for them and it was a bonding process and we cherish every one of those moments that we had. That being said, it was heartache taking it all back down and we didn't want to go through that again.

So this time, we decided that we wouldn't think about doing any shopping until after 24 weeks and that we would bond with our baby in different ways until then.  Now I am so excited to be able to start looking at all the little girl stuff without hesitation!

I don't think we're quite ready yet to start setting up a nursery but I'm excited to start looking so when the time comes we'll be prepared. This is just such a big step for me concerning my control issues. I have felt no sense of urgency in getting everything organized and put together. I feel so much more relaxed and just having the feeling that it will all work itself out in due time. Life is so much less stressful this way!

This is a comparison picture of me at 12 weeks and 24 weeks. I can't believe the difference! I also have to say that those jeans stayed on for exactly 1 minute while I took that picture and then they came right back off. They are officially retired until after the baby comes... I don't even think I was able to pull them up all the way :) LOL


No comments:

Post a Comment