Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Promises

“May God give you...For every storm a rainbow, for every tear a smile, for every care a promise and a blessing in each trial. For every problem life sends, a faithful friend to share, for every sigh a sweet song and an answer for each prayer.” - Irish Blessing

 

It took me a while before I felt comfortable documenting our pregnancy this time around. I don't know if I just didn't want to jinx it or I was really just trying to take things day by day and not jump too far ahead. We really wanted to even wait until I was further along to let people know but next thing we knew I was only 10 weeks along, it was Thanksgiving and there was no hiding the evidence. Little girl was showing off for the whole world to see:) 

 

 We decided we wouldn't make a big announcement but quietly spread the word through those we would see on Thanksgiving day so they would be prepared when they saw me. We have made big announcements twice before with our past pregnancies and didn't want to do that again. My mind was telling me to just stay in this protective bubble with just our small group who knew about the baby.  I felt safe there. But in my heart I felt like God was telling me, "How can I use this if nobody knows?".   

 

Right before Christmas, I was getting ready to go out somewhere and as I stood facing the mirror I suddenly caught a glimpse of our small child on Christmas morning running into Grami's (aka, my mother in law, Sheri) room to wake her up. Grami pulled the small child up into her bed and snuggled with her and there was just so much love there that I could physically feel it. At that moment, I prayed "God, please let that be a promise and not just a dream". 

 

Several weeks later, I was driving home alone on a seemingly clear skied day. My thoughts were recalling that same Christmas morning vision again and I repeated the same prayer. As I made the left turn into my subdivision suddenly in front of me was a rainbow. I stopped the car to make sure I was seeing straight. In fact I was. There it was. My Promise. 

 

 I can honestly say that I have felt more of a peace with this pregnancy than I could ever imagine that I would. I know that God has given that mercy to us. I can't predict how God will be able to use this or if He even will but I do not that He has promised us that He will never leave us or forsake us and that with every step we take, He is right there beside us. Knowing these promises has helped us tremendously this time around.

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment