Thursday, February 7, 2013

It's a .......Girl!

At 16 weeks, we had a regular check up with our High Risk doctor. We have been seeing her, in addition to our regular doctor, every two weeks since we were 13 weeks along. We'll continue with her until we're at least 26 weeks and then she'll determine if we get to "graduate".


 At this 16 week appointment, we anticipated if we would be able to find out the gender of the baby. I had written out a "gender reveal card" to have the doctor fill out just in case. Excitingly enough, they were able to tell so they filled out our card and put it in an envelope for us to open that weekend with our immediate families.

Gender Reveal Party: January 6, 2013

I took the card to a bakery and asked them to look at it and put whatever the appropriate colored icing would be in the middle of a cake so we could cut into it to find out what the baby is.  I put together a small party for just our parents and siblings (again, my small bubble of people) and we decided to let Steve read the card from the doctor while I cut the cake. Well he beat me to the punch and said GIRL before I could cut into the cake.


  I said "What????".

We just knew it was a Boy. No doubt about it. I dug a little faster into that cake thinking somehow I was going to see BLUE. Sure enough, baby girl pulled her first fast one on us. It was PINK. So much for mother's intuition.


I have to say that it took me all day to get used to the idea that I was wrong. Ha! But I couldn't be more excited for our little girl! We've been overrun with little boys around here lately so it will be nice to have sugar and spice and everything nice:)

Also that same week, I began to feel her movement and kicks. I was so looking forward to this as I remember the first time I felt Cole kick at 20 weeks and it was one of my most special moments of that pregnancy. This little girl surprised me again by letting me a have a whole extra month of kicks this time:) She is very active and I've felt her almost every day since then. She isn't kicking quite hard enough yet for Steve to feel but I'm sure it's just a matter of time. Actually, he calms her. Everytime he tries to feel for her, she calms down.

Already a daddy's girl:)

No comments:

Post a Comment