Thursday, April 25, 2013

32 Weeks

 Baby Violet is going to be stylin' for sure when she gets here.

Look at the cute outfits we were surprised with this past week:)


 A couple people asked me last week about what the nursery colors will be. We had decided on a look for the nursery before we picked out a name for our girl. We wanted to do a light gray and light pink color scheme. We wanted something light and airy and we both agreed on that design. Then we named her "Violet" and debated on what to do.

I wanted to stick with the original plan. She has her whole life to have a purple room so we are forging ahead with pink. I'll probably incorporate some light purples in there somehow but I'm not sure just yet how that will come about.

We don't have a "theme" per say (like characters or butterflies, etc...) but we are doing a more modern nursery and coordinating our colors. We like clean lines and not a lot of clutter.

And because I got asked about this also last week, here are the links again to our registries:

Babies R Us

Target

Babylist
(Babylist is an online registry where you can combine any item from any store all together on one list. All purchases are internet orders except some items from Pottery Barn Kids)

I get more and more excited every time we get something new for Violet. I've come a long way from a couple weeks ago when I was too hesitant to get things in order for her. I really feel like once I faced those fears that a burden has been lifted off me. I still have things I struggle with but that is one hurdle that I'm glad to have taken a "leap of faith" over. 

Speaking of faith.... Monday I had a date to meet some friends for lunch and I was really struggling that morning  with some things that had happened that past week. I had a breakdown in the shower and had to just stop and say "God, I am giving this to you. I cannot carry this burden anymore. It's too heavy."

While driving on my way to meet up with them I got stuck behind a dump truck on the freeway. And what did it happen to have written on the back of it?

Let God carry your load.

Very catchy and very timely for me. I'm sure that was no accident. I love it when He reminds me to let go. As much as I know better,  I always seem to need reminding and I LOVE it when He smacks me across the face with it!

Cast your burden upon the LORD and He will sustain you; He will never allow the righteous to be shaken. Psalm 55:22


No comments:

Post a Comment